As a physician, my mission is your Optimum Health. Then, as I consider the best health-care approaches for you and others, I ask two questions: 1) How healthy are you now? And 2) If there are concerning trends among individuals, what can I do about it? These compelling questions had me research the top causes of death in America. Here is what I found… There are 4 diseases, frequently driven by poor nutrition, that kill more people than all other causes combined! I call these the “Deadly 4”…
The DEADLY 4 include the following:
- Cancer (including breast, prostate, colon, skin, ovarian, others)
- Heart Disease (heart attacks, heart failure, abnormal heart beats)
- Brain disease (stroke, dementia, and depression)
- Diabetes (especially type 2, triggered by poor nutrition)
The “Deadly 4” kill 156 Americans each hour. Further, most (but not all) of these deaths are preventable with proper nutrition. I am determined to help you lower YOUR risks of the “Deadly 4”.
Since most of these deaths are caused by WRONG nutrition, I highly recommend RIGHT nutrition as your primary strategy for health. In fact, I believe that everyone should enhance their quality of life and lower their risk of death with proper nutrition! Here are 4 reasons:
Reason #1. Medications are often NOT the “best” answer for health.
- 4.5 million medical visits each year are for prescription side effects.
- 106,000 hospital deaths each year are caused by prescription medications.
- Quality of life is often reduced by medications. Fatigue, dizziness, sleepiness, sexual dysfunction, muscle aches, depression, and weight gain are common examples of medication related symptoms.
Reason #2. Nutrition IS powerful and effective for optimum health and disease prevention.
- Our body chemistry is dependent on vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to function properly.
- Nutrients can ONLY enter our body through what we swallow.
- Malnutrition of nutrients is very common, especially among overweight individuals.
Reason #3. Nutrition works!
- More research than ever before proves nutrition supports Optimum Health.
- Research gives overwhelming evidence that nutrition CAN frequently prevent the Deadly 4!
- Risk factor reduction and disease improvement with nutrition is more “proven” than ever before.
Reason #4. Nutritional supplement and nutrition counseling is easily accessible.
- Products that are pure, potent, and affordable now make nutrient approaches possible.
- Supplements (and proper foods) require no prescription or office visit to purchase.
- Specific, individualized nutritional counseling is now more available than ever before.
- Clinical monitoring while using research-based nutritional supplements is now possible.
If you prefer natural nutrition over man-made medicine, you can explore options WHEN appropriate for YOUR situation. Just follow these ABC’s…
A – ASK ABOUT OPTIONS... Ask your health care provider(s) if nutrition might improve your current health and risks. We are far more motivated to spend time and energy discussing nutrition if we know that you, as a patient, will actually make the recommended changes.
B – BUY WHAT YOU NEED… Get your hands on helpful foods and nutritional products.
C – CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE… Create a new, daily, health-enhancing nutrition routine.
You may wish to review examples of nutritional options available as you consider your health destiny and as you ask if the word Optimum is descriptive of where YOUR health is headed!
For Optimum Health,
Rick Tague, M.D., M.P.H
One thought on “Nutrition, Optimum Health, & Preventing the “Deadly 4””